Office of Housing
CORONAVIRUS ALERT :
The Office of Housing oversees the following programs:
- Section 8 Tenant Based Vouchers – "Housing Choice Vouchers"
- Project Based Vouchers
- Home Ownership Vouchers
Please visit the Office of Community Development’s webpage if you are looking for information relating to:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
- Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program
- HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
Section 8 Tenant Based Vouchers - "Housing Choice Vouchers"
- Increase affordable housing choices for families with income below 50% of the area median income.
- Families with a tenant-based voucher choose and lease safe, decent, and affordable privately owned rental housing that meets HUD’s Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and has a reasonable rent as compared to other units in the area.
Project Based Vouchers
- Project Based Vouchers are a component of the housing agency’s housing choice voucher program.
- The voucher assistance is tied to specific housing units. When one family moves out, a new family moves in and receives the subsidy.
- Owners select families for occupancy of a particular unit after screening each eligible family on a PHA’s housing choice voucher waiting list that is interested in moving into the specific project.
- Families may request tenant-based voucher, if available, after one year if they remain in the unit in good standing.
Home Ownership Vouchers
- Home Ownership Vouchers assist first-time homeowners with their monthly home ownership expenses.
- The home must pass an initial housing quality standard inspection conducted by the housing agency and an independent home inspection before the housing agency may approve the purchase by the family.