The Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Museums provides a wide array of recreational opportunities, some of which require permits:
Picnic areas may be reserved by obtaining permit directly through the individual Park. Reservations begin on April 5,2021. This reservation classification applies to barbeques, birthdays, showers and parties. View a listing of Parks.
Athletic Fields can be reserved by submitting request on organization letterhead to NCFields@nassaucountyny.gov, using the attached as a guide. For Cantiague Parks athletic fields, contact email@example.com For Mitchel Athletic Complex fields, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please note insurance requirements and use 2021 Event Check List – Athletic Fields as a guide.
Special Event permits can be applied for by following the 2021 Event Check List – Special Events and sending to email@example.com. This applies to requests for walks, runs, fundraisers, Girl Scout and Boy Scout events, park clean ups, fairs and similar gatherings. Please note insurance requirements.
Review our Policy/Procedures for permitting Fields and Facilities with the Nassau County Parks Department.
Additional Permit Information
- Lakeside Theatre Rentals: Contact Cindy Gillen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile Stage Rentals: Contact Paul Wygand at email@example.com
- Military and Veterans Memorial Ceremonies: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wedding Ceremony Permits, Wedding Photography Permits and General Photography Permits can be obtained by completing applications (click on the links) and sending to MaryAnn Peterson at: email@example.com
- Boat launch stickers can be obtained at Bay Park, Grant Park, North Woodmere Park, and Wantagh Park. A fee of $78 is required, along with a current Leisure Pass and Trailer Registration. Please note that the permit sticker must be affixed to the trailer by park personnel at the time of payment.
- Campground reservations are made through the Battle Row and Nickerson Beach
- Film permits can be obtained by contacting Anthony Labriola at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nugent Cantileno at email@example.com of the Nassau County Film Office or 516-572-0470.
- Cantiague Park Ice Rink Permits: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennis Court Permits and availability can be also obtained by contacting
- Fitness Classes – contact individual Park