Cow Meadow Park & Preserve
Cow Meadow Park & Reserve
Located in Freeport on the south shore of Long Island, Cow Meadow Park & Preserve is a beautiful relaxing water-front area that has been established as part of the Nassau County Park system since 1970. This park and preserve serve to protect and showcase 150 acres of Long Island's marine wetlands, including salt marsh, mud flat and tidal creek habitats. Cow Meadow is home to more than 150 varieties of birds and more than a dozen mammal species. It is an awesome environment for an easy-to-walk diversion or brisk run on its quarter-mile nature trail which winds through upland Bayberry thicket, tidal marshes and creeks, providing a pleasant scenery for families and individuals. In addition to the nature trail, the park offers several other activities. Many of these activities are free and require no fees. However, there are some activities that will require you to have a Leisure Pass.
- Leisure Pass: 34.00 (ALL Types/Ages 13 – UP)
- Leisure Pass is valid for three years
- Leisure Pass Renewal: Nassau County Residents 30.00
- SENIORS, PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED, VETERANS, VOLUNTEERS, ETC. Renewal has NO FEE with PROOF of Residency & Type of Leisure Passneeded.
- Lost Leisure Pass: 5.00
- Transfer of Leisure Pass Type: No Fee (PROOF REQUIRED)
- Baseball/Softball field with lighting;
- Four hoops on a full-sized basketball court;
- Six lighted tennis courts;
- Four lighted handball courts;
- Fully equipped workout area for calisthenics
- A 1-mile jogging course
- Football and soccer are also played on multipurpose grass areas.
Two fun-filled activity playgrounds for the children to enjoy and create memories on.
There is a new large playground as well as reserved and unreserved picnic areas with barbecues (Leisure Pass required; to reserve, call 571-8685). For more information see "News & Events".
Picnic Reservations (Leisure Pass required)
Fees vary depending on occupancy and location
Insurance may be required
Additional services and fees available (Inquire Within)
Marina Boat Launch Stickers (Milburn Boat Ramp)
Seasonal Launch Ramp Sticker 78.00
Daily Launch Ramp Sticker 27.00
- We have a community room is available for rent 50.00/hour (Leisure Pass required to rent the room).
Camps, daycare centers, church groups, etc. have additional requirements for pool visits. Click on the link below for more information:
camps, groups, and organizations
To reach Cow Meadow Park and Preserve, take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 22 South (Meadowbrook Parkway South). Exit at M9 West (Merrick Road). Immediately proceed to the left lane and turn left onto Mill Road. Stay in your left lane. Take Mill Road to South Main Street and turn slight left onto South Main Street. Proceed down South Main Street and remain in your left lane to continue straight to Cow Meadow Park & Preserve. The entrance to the park is on the left.
*Prices May Change Due To Increase in Ordinance Fees Still Being Reviewed