Important Phone Numbers
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- New York State Coronavirus Hotline: 888-364-3065
- Nassau County Coronavirus Hotline: 516-227-9570
- Nassau County Crisis Helpline: 516-227-TALK (8255) For those experiencing a mental health or addiction crisis.
- Nassau County A.A. Hotline: 516-292-3040
- Nassau County Safe Center Hotline: 516-542-0404
- For those experiencing abuse, domestic violence, etc.
- VETERANS: If you are a Nassau County Veteran in need of assistance including essential transportation, food pantry access and counseling services, call: 516-572-6565
- Text COVID19NC to 888777 to receive the latest information on coronavirus in Nassau County on your mobile device.
- Conozca los hechos, manténgase informado. Envíe un mensaje de texto COVIDNASSAU al 888777 para recibir actualizaciones seguras por SMS con información importante sobre COVID19 en el Condado de Nassau.
New York State on PAUSE:
100% of the workforce must stay home, excluding essential services.
All non essential gatherings of individuals of any size for anyreason are temporarily banned.
All non essential businesses statewide must close in office personnel functions until further notice as part of New York State on PAUSE.
Bars and restaurants are closed, but takeout can be ordered during the period of closure.
Governor Cuomo announced all NYS on PAUSE functions will be extended.
The state nonessential workforce will continue to work from home through April 29th.
Guidance for Essential Businesses
SCHOOL CLOSURES UPDATE:
Governor Cuomo has directed all schools throughout New York State to remain closed for an additional two weeks ending on April 29, 2020 to reduce the spread of COVID 19.
Administrators and teachers continue to have access to school buildings for distance based learning, as well as for distribution of grab and go lunches.
Nassau County continues close communication with state officials and will continue to follow the state’s guidance on all issues surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.