Nickerson Beach Updates
Nassau County’s Nickerson Beach in Lido is open from 9am to dusk. No lifeguards are on duty and swimming in prohibited.
For real-time updates, visit: www.facebook.com/nassaucountyparks
Updates on County Parks, Recreation and Museums
All Nassau County parks and preserves, including golf courses and driving ranges are OPEN, as are tennis, paddleball and handball courts, bocce ball and lawn bowling facilities.
Also OPEN are playgrounds, dog parks, rifle range and RV campgrounds at Nickerson Beach and Battle Row. You can apply for leisure passes and picnic permits at the administration building located in each park. Based on the New York State guidelines, gatherings of 50 or less are permitted for picnics. If you want to reserve your space, please contact the Park office. Usage of park facilities are subject to changes and cancellations based on New York State directives.
- Pools at Cantiague, Christopher Morley, North Woodmere, Nickerson Beach and Wantagh Parks are closed for the season.
- Baseball and Softball fields throughout County Parks are open
- Basketball courts throughout County Parks – Please follow NY State guidance posted on all courts.
- Batting Cages and Mini Golf at Eisenhower Park are closed for the season.
- Mini Golf courses at Cantiague and Wantagh Park are closed for the season
- Nine-hole golf courses at Morley, N. Woodmere, Bay and Cantiague Parks are open
- All athletic league fields are open for play, except contact lacrosse, contact football and rugby.
The Long Island Fair at Old Bethpage Village Restoration has been postponed until 2021. We recommend bookmarking this page for any updates regarding details on available facilities and events, as we follow the guidelines for New York State’s “Reopening New York!”
Stay Safe and enjoy your Nassau County Parks!