Food Services COVID-19 Resources
A Message to all Nassau County Food Establishments:
COVID-19 Cases continue to rise in Nassau County!
Average daily cases in July was 40. Average daily now is 1400!
Your help in slowing the spread of COVID-19 is essential.
Last Updated: January 12, 2021 8:00 am
You are reminded that you are required to:
- Conduct health screenings of your employees prior to each shift and enforce your sick worker policy.
- Contact our office of known COVID-19 positive food service workers at 516-227-9717.
- If an employee is awaiting a test result due to a Covid-19 exposure, they may not be working in the facility during that wait time.
- Frequently clean all surfaces in your establishment.
- Require staff and guests to wear appropriate face coverings.
- Maintain at least 6 feet separation between tables.
- Do not exceed your maximum capacity. (indoor dining restricted to 50% capacity at present)
- At present, you must close in-person service from 10PM - 5AM, however, curbside food-only pick-up or delivery is allowed after 10PM. Alcohol to go is NOT allowed.
Your assistance in the fight against COVID-19 is essential to reducing cases, slowing the spread, and keeping Nassau County businesses open and operating.
Please follow this link to access NYS Guidance for operating a food service establishment during the Covid-19 pandemic:
Covid-19 Food Resources/Documentation: