COVID-19 Vaccine Information
SECOND COVID DOSE INFORMATION:
***Nassau County will be contacting all residents who receive their first COVID-19 vaccine dose at a Department of Health site with information on their second dose approximately one week before the scheduled appointment. Please be on alert for a phone call or email from Nassau County***
Who is eligible for the vaccine?
January 11, 2021
Week 1 – 12/14/20
- High-risk hospital staff, affiliates, volunteers and contract staff, following the clinical risk assessment guidance.
Week 2 – 12/21/20
- High-risk hospital staff including State-operated OMH psychiatric centers
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- Medical Examiners and Coroners
- Funeral workers who have direct contact with infectious material and bodily fluids
- Health care or other high-risk direct care essential staff working in Long Term Care Facilities and long-term, congregate settings overseen by OPWDD, OMH and OASAS
- Persons living in Long Term Care Facilities and in long-term congregate settings overseen by OPWDD and OMH
Week 3 – 12/28/20
- FQHC staff
- Agency staff and residents in congregate living situations run by the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) the Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS).
- Urgent Care providers
- Any staff administering COVID-19 Vaccinations
Week 4 – 1/4/21
- All Outpatient/Ambulatory front line, high risk health care providers who provide direct in-person patient care or other staff in a position where they have direct contact with patients, such as receptionists, of any age.
- Home care workers and aides, hospice workers, personal care aides, and consumer-directed personal care workers.
- Staff and residents of nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and adult care facilities.
Week 5 – 1/11/21
- Teachers and education workers
- First responders (including law enforcement and fire service)
- Public safety workers
- Public transit workers
- People 65 and older
Check if you are eligible to receive the vaccine here
- Click here for appointments at Nassau Community College, Garden City
- Click here for appointments at the Yes We Can Community Center, Westbury
- Click here for appointments at NUMC, East Meadow
- Click here for appointments at Northwell Health Center for Advanced Medicine, Lake Success
- Click here for appointments at 8 Greenfield Road, Syosset
- Click here for appointments at Belmont Park, Elmont
- Click here for appointments at Northwell Health GoHealth, Hewlett
- Click here for appointments at Northwell Health GoHealth, Syosset
- To make an appointment at Jones Beach and other vaccination sites, call the New York State hotline at: 1-833-NYS-4-VAX