Office of Community Development
Nassau County Office of Community Development
The Office of Community Development oversees the following programs:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
- Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program
- HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
Please visit the Office of Housing’s webpage if you are looking for information relating to:
- Section 8 Tenant-Based Vouchers – “Housing Choice Vouchers”
- Project-Based Vouchers
- Homeownership Vouchers
The Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD) is committed to supporting all of the communities within Nassau County, especially those in the areas that have been under served in the past. The staff is diligently working to establish stronger economic bases in our various downtown areas. We will be more efficient in providing services by using our taxpayers' money wisely as we work to build a more affordable Nassau.
- Implement and monitor the programs and grants initiated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- building a stronger community through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), and the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program, as well as other programs.
- Support under-served communities by providing decent housing, suitable living environments, and expanding economic opportunities principally for low and moderate-income peoples.