The Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Museums provides a wide array of recreational opportunities, some of which require permits:
Picnic areas may be reserved by obtaining permit directly through the individual park. Reservations begin on March 13, 2023. This reservation classification applies to barbeques, birthdays, showers and parties. View a listing of Parks.
- For Cantiague Parks athletic fields, contact email@example.com
- For Mitchel Athletic Complex fields, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note insurance requirements and use 2022 Event Check List – Athletic Fields as a guide.
Special Event permits can be applied for by following the 2024 Event Check List – Special Events and sending to email@example.com.
This applies to requests for walks, runs, fundraisers, Girl Scout and Boy Scout events, park clean ups, fairs and similar gatherings. Please note insurance requirements.
Review our Policy/Procedures for permitting Fields and Facilities with the Nassau County Parks Department.
Additional Permit Information
- Lakeside Theatre Rentals: Contact Cindy Gillen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile Stage Rentals: Contact Paul Wygand at email@example.com
- Military and Veterans Memorial Ceremonies: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wedding Ceremony Permits, Wedding Photography Permits and General Photography Permits can be obtained by completing applications (click on the links) and sending to MaryAnn Peterson at: email@example.com